31 March 2016

Choeng Mon Beach

We visited one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. It was a nice half-moon of yellow, soft sand. The water was warm and calm. You could rent a beach chair and umbrella all day for 100 Baht ($3). 10 minutes into a lazy float, Nathan said “Have you been stung yet?”, which of course piqued my interest away from gazing at the islands on the horizon. Only 20 seconds later I felt the first sting, which was like a bee sting, but sharper. And within a few minutes I had been stung several more times. Even though it didn’t seem like the stings were doing any damage, I got out and sat on the sand.  Nathan stayed in the ocean, getting bit repeatedly. He tolerates pain better than I do. Those islands on the horizon looked just as good from the beach. (Don’t worry moms, we’re fine!)
Post-stings